Lens board chart for Linhof?

kparratt

<p>Does anyone know of a chart, or list of lens board sizes for the various Technika and Kardan cameras?<br /> A bit of research on the Schneider site will answer many questions regarding lens and shutter sizes, but that is another thing.<br /> I have a Technika III 4x5, so I know the 100 x 93.5 mm boards.<br /> I have lenses in the boards for Technika 4 and later, so I am familiar with the 99 x 96 mm with two bevelled bottom corners.<br /> Purchased and waiting for me in Germany is the 5x7 Technika shown here. It looks like a IV or V. Can anyone advise as to the size of it's lens board? (It is held in storage for me until I can get over to collect it.)<br /> .. and waiting in London is a 4x5 Kardan GT together with complete conversion to 5x7, fortunately with a Kardan to Technika adaptor as shown.<br /> But as I search for lenses, I am finding more sizes that I thought ever existed, unless some sellers are not especially accurate with measurements.<br /> However, if there is no known chart, I may as well compile one, as I am semi house bound, recovering form being bowled over by a car. Perhaps worse now is that I am having a dangerous amount of time to spend on eBay, so I need to do something constructive.<br /> All info, suggestions, pointers and/or specific data will be put to use, and published available on Photo.net<br /> With thanks, Kevin</p><div>00c5AK-543119584.JPG.1dc153e43295c96b590660f88616c9fd.JPG</div>

<p>Here are the current lens boards for Linhof. Linhof does not even give the sizes in their specs. Just catalog numbers:<br>

Technika 23<br>

Technika 45<br>

Technika 57 (one type only)<br>

Kardan<br>

M679<br>

Boards for Technika III have not been made in decades by Linhof.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>9x12 pre-war Standard (or Technika II as sometimes called) lens board; (W) 91mm x (H) 87mm x 1.5mm thick plain aluminium plate, bevelled edges top and bottom.<br>

9x12 immediate post-war Tech III Press lens board; (W) 78mm x (H) 79mm x 1.5mm thick plain aluminium plate, bevelled edges top and bottom.</p>

<p>Please bear in mind that no current Linhof board for a Technika (any size), Kardan (any model), TK, M679 (any model), Techno, etc. are not flat boards. They all have a raised or recessed light trap on the back of the board (depending on the model of the camera), that mates to a corresponding raised ring or depressed ring or RE on the front standard.<br>

So making a proper fitting Linhof board is more then just cutting a piece of material and fitting it in place. In addition most of the boards have milled flat areas that ensure proper fit under the clips or under the locks.</p>

• 2 months later...

<p>I have a Technika 23 lens board. It measures 96mm wide by 99mm high. Has all kinds of notches at the bottom and a round raised metal circle light trap on the back. The less in mounted off cented toward the bottom. <br>

I don't have a Technika 23. I bought the lensboard for a mad project - have an adapter lens board made for my Cambo 23SF to use Technika 23 lens boards. So far I haven't done it but I still may. </p>