Lens board Beseler 45

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by chris_autio, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Looked at KEH, BH, Adorama: cannot find 4x4” board for this Rodenstock Sironar 150. I suppose I could make one!

04E2BA93-F452-448D-BB2F-B7FB2C42CF97.jpeg

2. Luckily, you have the threaded flange. Cutting a suitable hole in a bit of 4" x 4" material shouldn't be too challenging.

I've used offcuts of laminate flooring material for lensboards in the past.

Unusual to see a Sironar in an illuminated iris mount. Are you sure it's not a Rodagon?

3. Cut a 4x4 in masonite. Drilled a hole with a 51 mm. Couldn’t ask for a better fit. Waited 2 months for this Rodenstock to arrive from Russia!

9A6D1734-B492-4473-8419-EB93B265BC9E.jpeg

4. It's a Sironar, but for on an enlarger. So good for the Beseler.

5. Nice job.
    I am not using Beselers lately, but I did make some boards with a three point alignment axis (screws). Same as yours, but the lens is mounted on a smaller (thinner) floating plate, attached to the 4x4 "plate with three Allen screws. There is a 1/4" neoprene foam material between the two plates for allow such an adjustment while maintaining light tightness. I think it was Delta who was selling boards already made this way (aluminum).
    This makes the alignment job much faster and easier than using the system provided by the Beselers.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021