Lens advice Canon EOS 550D

I own a canon eos 550D but am inexperienced. I was looking to upgrade kit lens to an all round lens I can take on holiday, Florida.

Looking at EF-S 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM or the STM version. Was unsure if the USM model was too advanced for my camera.

Please can anyone help or recommend an alternative Thanks Pat

<p>The 550D is the EOS Rebel T2i in the USA. Canon has three 18-135 options for you:<br>

Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens MFR # 3558B002 <br />Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens MFR # 6097B002 <br />Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens MFR # 1276C002<br>

STM = STM designation (Stepping Motor) gives smooth and quiet auto-focus that is ideal for shooting video with the Movie Servo AF feature. If you're not going to be shooting video primarily it's not necessary and offhand I'm not sure your T2i has the Movie Servo AF feature.<br>

For the other two the pries are approx US $ 500.00 and 600.00. I'm partial to USM, but if the purchase price is an issue IMO it's not necessarily a deal-breaker. </p>

<p>Henry Posner<br /><strong>B&H Photo-Video</strong></p>

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video

<p>18-135mm on APS-C corresponds to 29-210mm on full frame or 35mm. That's not a very popular range of focal length, mostly because you hardly get any real wide angle. Personally I prefer a 15-85mm as walk around lens, and keep a 55-250mm in the pocket for when I need more reach. Of course your needs and preferences might be different.</p>