Leica year

<p>Paulo, with fresh film your grandfather's Leica III is capable of taking fine pictures. However 80 years haven't done your camera any favors. Unless the camera has recently been through a professional cleaning, lubrication and adjustment (CLA) you may be disappointed in your picture taking results. Over time lubricants dry out, shutter speeds lose accuracy and lenses become dusty and stiff, especially if the camera and lens haven't been used for years.This forum has references to repair facilities that can return the camera to excellent operating condition. You have a fine classic camera with a great lens, once refurbished both will be able to give you years of enjoyment.</p>

<p>Hi<br>

The camera has 80 years,and the lens,perhaps the same,is one Leitz Elmar 1:3,5 F=50mm s/nº 185540,i was thinking to send it to cla,because it works very slowly,the lens are ok,it´s clean.<br>

I have one Canon P with the canon black 50mm f1.8,and one serenar 135 f4 (four digits),and one canon L1,but generally i shoot with canon' F1s,i like very much black & white and colors slides,but sometimes i use the canon P,and i want use the Leica,to enjoy the pleasure.<br>

Thanks to all of you.</p>