Leica MP style film wind lever

Does anyone know if the classic MP style film wind levers are available in black chrome? If

so, where can I get them and are they easy to install? I'd like to put one on my black M6

TTL together with that silver chrome release button well. IMO these levers give a much

more solid feel and grip than the two piece levers on the later cameras. And it looks nice

too. Thanks!

I'm about to do the same thing to my black TTL so it matches my chrome body. I never

thought much about the wind lever, but find the wiggling of the two-piece lever annoying

now that I have the solid one to compare it to.

A pair of soft-jawed specialty pliers, or one of those Leica M tools from Micro Tools will be

needed to remove the retaining ring.

Good idea. You can make the tool to remove the retaining ring without damage yourself, out of aluminium sheet, say 1-2mm thick. Drill the right diameter & incorporate levers with a gap in between. Try not to use pliers as these incorporate a sharp metallic grip.

That said; even though I dislike the later wobbly grip, I am generally in favour of leaving well enough alone.

Hi, dear friend. I know that MP black it's laquer, not chrome. The black laquer it's more beautyful than black chrome but mutch weaker too. If you use a classic optional rewind lever in black laquer finish on the MP body black laquer finish, the risk of scratching the body it's very very high. Definitively, don't use the classic optional rewind lever.

Ciao.

Vincenzo Maielli Italy