Leica M6 TTL, faulty meter reading?

<p>Hi folks,</p>

<p>Today I sent off my M6 TTL to Malcolm Taylor in the UK. I noticed the meter was underexposing by around 2 stops. </p>

<p>I'm just wondering if any of you have experienced this fault before and what the outcome was. Batteries are new, no corrosion in the battery chamber or on the contacts under the rear flap. I also whirled the ISO dial around a few times in case there was some corrosion under there. </p>

<p>Any ideas?</p>

<p>I had similar issues with my M6TTL a little over two years ago. It started reading several stops off in a semi dark environment and would not read at all in daylight - it would peg the meter (one of the arrows would be bright red). New batteries, cleaning the contact, twisting the ISO dial back and forth did nothing to help. My repairman, internationally well know Leica expert, replaced the photocell. He said it was the first M6TTL he had seen with a bad cell. It was replaced with a new photocell. It works better now than it ever did since I got the camera used in 2010 as it would always underexpose by 1 stop so I always set the ISO dial for the next slowest film speed to compensate. So now since the photocell replacement, I can set correct ISO and get a perfect exposure :) </p>

<p>I sent the camera off to Malcolm at 5pm last night and he was on the phone this morning at 10:30am having already tested it! He couldn't find anything wrong with it. He tested it against another M6 and a few other cameras. On the one hand that is great news but on the other hand it is very puzzling. I suppose the best thing to do would be to just continue shooting with it and trust the meter. As long as my shots are properly exposed then I shouldn't complain. </p>