Leica lenses vs others

ray_cutting

<p>I wanted to share with everyone my short lens comparison, ive collected a few Leica lens along with some Russian copies and also a few Cosina Voigtlander lens.<br>

My test comparisonwas to compare these lenses at different aperatures, mainly on the large end of the scale.<br>

As this is where the the diferences should be seen, so im posting the pics here with the lens used along with f-stop and shutter speed</p><div>00VksL-220015684.jpg.122b2dce1ec37d76354735d3c9a1066f.jpg</div>

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>By the way i took all these pics with my M3 using kodak 400hd film, processed at local 1hr lab.<br>

The reason for doing the test was for my own curiosity about he differences between my various lenses, Leica vs Russian and also between the different Leica lenses.<br>

In my opinion i was very surprised how well the Jupiter 3 lens did by comparison, i actually expected poorer quality, or softer, or even old vintage dreamy look, but was very inpressed how sharp it is.<br>

Im new to film and i just recently bought these Leica rangefinders and lenses, so i was interested to look at Bokeh and sharpness for each lens.<br>

As i'm used to shooting with my Nikon digital, i wanted to see how they differ from that also.<br>

What i noticed mainly was the color differences, some warmer than others, and some colder.</p>

<p>Due to the file size limitation for posting pic here, this was the largest size possible.<br>

I don't have these full size images on flickr, so i could not link to that.<br>

But when i studied the full size image at 100% on my computer, i could not see any differences in sharpness from one to the other.<br>

I will continue to do more tests to see how well the different lenses perform in sunny conditions.<br>

Because i have noticed in other pictures ive taken they seem to react differently to flare.</p>

<p>We need to see full-sized (100%) crops, not full-sized files. At this distance, the weaknesses of the Jupiter will not be visible--at least where resolution is concerned. In other words, crop out sections that do not have to be resized to fit the size requirements of the thread.</p>

<p>--Lannie</p>