Leica iiif, Nat Cam service manual

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by tim_carroll, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Trying to find a copy of the National Camera service manual for the Leica IIIf. It was manual #327. I have read that a PDF of this manual exists, but I haven't been able to find it after hours of searching on the web. Does anyone have that PDF and would be willing to share it, or know where I can find one?
    By the way, I would recommend steering clear of "Monty Magic Theater" and the "comprehensive camera repair guide" for the IIIF that he is selling for $9.95. I unfortunately bought it and it turns out it's a short 22 page PDF that's available many places on the web for free, and it covers very little.
    If anyone has any leads on the National Camera service manual for the Leica iiif (manual #327 I believe) I would really appreciate hearing about it.
    Thanks,
    -Tim

2. Try here...
    http://www.butkus.org/chinon/leica.htm
    He doesn't have the repair manual online, but will send it by email if asked nicely (it's in two parts, both under 5MB). I'd suggest making a donation to support the site, which is very good (he asks for $3, but I felt $10 was appropriate, given the number of camera manuals I had downloaded).

3. Nomad,
    Thanks, I sent him an email (and also a donation). I hope he has the National Camera manual and not just the one from Leica. I have a number of copies of the one from Leica as it is freely available on the net. I've heard the National Camera manual is better and easier to follow.
    Best,
    -Tim

4. It is the National Camera one. I found that the Nat Cam and Leica ones complement each other.

5. Great, that's the one I'm looking for. I sent him an email a few hours ago, how long does it usually take him to respond?
    Thanks,
    -Tim

6. He sent me the files within a day or so. I made it clear in my initial email that my mailbox had plenty of room, and that he was free to send the files any time. So, there was no delay with things like negotiating when/how to send files to ensure nothing bounced due to being too big.

7. Got them. And they are exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Nomad.
    Best,
    -Tim