Leica APO 2/75 Summicron: finally got it AND my first pics...

luigi v

Well, after a lot of reading about it, recommendations from users (thank you all, dear

photo.net fellows), highly positive reviews, and a bit of hard saving, I finally got hold of an

APO 2/75 Summicron...I am extremely pleased with my first results, it looks like this is THE

lens that really suits my vision of photography. Compact enough, easy to handle, and

stunningly beautiful sharp AND at the same time warm results.

I am an amateur photographer, so, bearing this in mind, please let me know what your

thoughts are, mainly not on my pics, but on the rendition of images of this lens...Am I right

to be so pleased?<div>00GBOL-29624284.thumb.jpg.b038c7e74e55c532204b968c68e4f776.jpg</div>

Luigi,

when you do this again, use any version of Photoshop.

Go to "Image."

Go to "Image size."

Change the resolution to 72.

Change the longest dimension (on top) to 510.

Go to "File" in the upper lefthand corner and click.

Go to "Save as" and click.

Look at the bottom and there will be a box, and scroll down and click on "jpeg" and save the image.

It is now ready for internet and e-mail posting.

Hope this help. let me know if you need other suggestions.

This will eventually become simple and fast for you.

Tito,

No offense intended, but if Luigi wanted a soft image he could have bought a nice 90mm Elmar lens (Sherry Krauter has a fine one on her site for sale for $150).

Why pay the price Luigi did and then say, it's too sharp! I don't understand!

Do we want sharp or do we want soft?

Now then, for those who think the lens is too sharp, why not take the scanned image and do something in it with photoshop?

In Scott kelby's book, "The Photoshop CS2 Book, For digital Photographers," there is a truly simple and quick method to soften an image WITHOUT making it look too blurry (pages 320-321, Soft Focus Effect).

Film vs. digital?: "The farmers and the cowboys CAN be friends." It's the best of both worlds!<div>00GBWs-29626884.jpg.269f6df9303b21446afd1a3804d51e79.jpg</div>

Not only has Todd's post processing work improved by a fantastic amount lately, he's recently been doing his own "preprocessing" work with a Leica M2 and a couple of Leitz lenses, complete with Leitz hoods. Monkey was most emphatic that he wasn't going to fly across the country for a two week stay at Todd's Monkey Hostel if he was going to be photographed on his adventures with a lesser brand of camera. His plane arrives in San Francisco today.