Leica Accessory Case?

John Seaman

I've acquired this little Leica branded zipped case It's around 5 inches wide, with no internal dividers. I'd like to know please what it's intended for - mainly I admit, with a view to selling it. Thanks in advance for any information.

It has a nice shoulder strap.

LeicacasePN.thumb.jpg.f215fae9cf2e886191748cae9e055304.jpg

LeicarPN.thumb.jpg.17332bf9016bcd3c56ad352444314b97.jpg

My guess is an 8mm movie camera. I would think Super 8 because the standard 8 cases had all sorts of little supports etc.

Otherwise, whatever inserts were there for whatever purpose, have been removed (d'uh)

I guess it's too small for any of that if only 5" wide, not 5" deep. Is the inside bare and unmarked.

Its interesting until explained

Thanks for the comments James. Yes, it's 5 inches wide, 3 inches high, and 2 1/2 inches deep. Too small for any camera except for something like an Olympus Mju 1 compact 35mm. Did Leica ever make such a thing?

Here's a picture of the interior.

LeicaopPN.thumb.jpg.86f4b7bddd462d37875d102322166235.jpg

Edited by John Seaman

Is there a product number stamped on it anywhere? If so, you should be able to google that product number and know exactly what it is you have.

It looks like something for a pair of binoculars. Cases made like that for cameras usually had dividers in them to help assist in carrying a camera and multiple lenses/accessories.

Greg, thanks for this. There's no product number. They would have to be very small binoculars, as the case is only 3 inches tall. The only Leica item I can think of which might just fit is the Eldia film strip copier, but why would you need a case with a shoulder strap for one of those?