Leica Academy Experiences?

b_n_f

I received my 2007 Leica Academy brochure last week and found some very

interesting events in it. I', mostly interested in the Oberbayern events, as

they seem to fall in between the one or two day quickies around Solms and the

full blown overseas courses.

Can anyone tell me, even in general, how they found the courses to be? The

organization, the techniques and the "feeling"?

Also, I am dying to know if at the end of the course, if there is an special

price for the gear that you just used!

Thanks

Does Leica Academy offer courses in English now? I thought Leica stopped offering courses in English a few years ago. I attended the R course in English a few years ago. There was no special price for the new gear offered at the course but Leica fix/CLA our equipment for free during our stay. The gear was much more expensive at the factory than in the US at that time. I think the best part about the Academy is that we get to try every available lens. The class was small and we had a lot of fun. I would be interested in attending the course again if they offer M8 and DMR classes.

I have not been to a Bayern-event, but I attended one in Austria (Dachstein) last year and it was worth every single EURO/ $.

People organizing it were wonderful, the local guide was a marvel and the fact that you could borrow all the gear you wanted to try out, was also most important.

But NO special prices at the end of the tour for LEICA- gear. It is LEICA-Academy-material and it is not sold unless checked in the CS and distributed later only through selected dealers channels, ASAIK.

Best

Haven't been to any of their real courses. At some event organised by a local shop one of their trainers run a quick lesson about flash usage. - He seemed well selected, knowledgeable, polite, professional and so on. The same about the material (slideshow) he used. Everything quite impressive and convincing.