Leatherette is peeling

gregory_c

<p>An easy dirty quick fix to try first, use a q-tip and alcohol (Walgreen store type) to rub and clean underneath the feeling area couple times, then press it down and hold for a while to find out. If that doesn't help at all, the contact cements should take care of it.</p>

<p>There is some glue called "pliobond" which you can buy at varying places which is the perfect glue for this. You don't want to use permanent type glue. I've bought it from micro tools before. I'd get the "tube" type and not the bottle type with the brush. What I do is squeeze out a little bit onto a sheet of paper then use a toothpick to apply it under the leatherette.</p>

<p>You'll want to make sure the old cement is off of the leatherette and the prism itself. Once these things start peeling it's never going to be like it was new but this pliobond stuff is perfect for it. The original adhesive was a rubbery cement and pliobond mimmicks it perfectly.</p>

<p>Here is a link to some at micro tools: <a href="http://www.micro-tools.com/store/P-P-351-F/Adhesive-Pliobond-1oz-Tube.aspx">http://www.micro-tools.com/store/P-P-351-F/Adhesive-Pliobond-1oz-Tube.aspx</a>. They're selling it for a $1.80 plus shipping.</p>

<p>If it doesn't work well for you it may turn out that you could just peel the entire thing off...clean all of the old glue off of it and apply pliobond to the entire piece.</p>

<p>Let us know what you decided and how it turns out.</p>

<p>A bit of misnomer on double sided tape...<br>

Double sided tape comes in different grades. I use 3M tape that is intened for auto trim so heat n cold have no effects on it, not the cheap junk sold in Home Depot for interior use that turns to gum in the heat.<br>

Using glues only make sit hard to service the camera down the line and will cause deterioration of the OEM leatherete, or genuine leather.</p>

The more you say, the less people listen.