Learned to fix vignette/light falloff here

jeff_louie

Reading the responses here about light falloff I upgraded from Photoshop Elements to

PhotoshopCS and applied the lens distortion vignette filter and as suggested, it fixed my wide

angle 5d light falloff problem! So thanks to everyone who suggested this.

I also purchased Aperture for the Mac a week ago, but I am still upgrading my system to even

load it! So far I have added a second hard drive, 2 gigs of RAM and updated to Tiger, but still

no joy on a dual 1.8 G5. Apparently my video card is too puny. Hopefully, when I get

Aperture to run I can start shooting in pure RAW.

Hey, Jeff, Aperture is pretty cool - or at least it has the potential to be cool once a few

rough edges are polished up and we all own dual processor Macs... ;-)

However, I'm not sure what you mean when you write "Hopefully, when I get Aperture to

run I can start shooting in pure RAW." Do you mean that you won't need to use the camera

RAW mode that also captures a jpg image at the same time?

You can work with pure RAW images right now using Bridge and Photoshop. I never shoot

jpg on my 350D and it all works fine for me.

Take care,

Dan

I agree.

On the list of "photography upgrades", I have things like Internal Hard Drives, External Hard Drives, RAM". And a color calibrator :) -> Video card upgrades simply are not needed.

(unless, maybe, you need 30 FPS for slide shows!)

On a serious note: Saddens me to think that using a $1200 camera (20D), you can use a $99 software package. And when you get a $3000 camera. . .you need a $800 software package. What lenses are you using that produced these results?

Get the Adobe Lightroom beta if you want to play with an aperture-like app. It's free, runs on any Mac with at least a G4 1Ghz and 768MB RAm and is faster than Aperture and doesn't shove all your files into a proprietary database. It does however lack some editing tools currently (Of course it's still beta and not feature complete).