Lazy Weston Master IV

<p>Hello.<br /> I have a Sekonic L38, a Weston Master V and a Weston Master IV. The Sekonic and the W.M.V works very well, but I think that the cell of the Weston Master IV is starting to die. I never can do that the arrow goes to the end of any scale. Even with the perforated window open wide, the arrow never goes to the end of the scale in front of the light. If you use it since the start of the scale to the half, or maximum at three quarters of it, the light meter works well. I think that the cell does not produce the courrent necessary to lead the arrow to the end of the scale.<br /> I like use very much this light meter for my Leica IIIf (more than my Voightlander VCII) and I would like to repair it. Anybody knows how I can do for repair it?<br /> Thanks in advance.<br /> Juan.</p>

<p>I occasionally read good accounts of a place called Quality Light Metric in San Francisco. I don't think they have a website but a google search comes up with an address and number. It might be worth contacting them to see if they can do anything. Of course I don't know if it's worth the hassle if you're in Europe, but there's no harm in finding out.</p>

<blockquote >

<blockquote >

I received this quote about two years ago ...

"George Milton" <georgepmilton@worldnet.att.net><br />

Your WESTON Mod. IV exposure meter needs new selenium cell, movement

balance and calibration.

We have standard price for service for all WESTON meters: Labor - $ 34.00

Parts - $ 44.00

Total $ 78.00 plus shipping. Our Company will be close for vacation for two

weeks, start May 18.09

to June 1. 09. Please send your meter after June 1.09. Service time: 2 to

3 days.

<br />

Sincerely,

George Milton,

Quality Light Metric Co.

70 95 Hollywood Blvd.

Hollywood, Ca. 90028

<br /><br /></blockquote>

</blockquote>

<p>I used Quality Light Metric a year ago for an old Sekonic L28c I think it is. $80 and it works great. The guy was even kind enough to mention that I could probably buy a light meter new for the same price or less. Despite his "better judgement" I had mine fixed! :)</p>