Latvia- Daugapils, Riga; Lithuania- Vilnius, Czech Republic- prague

donald_miller5

<p>Riga has a large number of astounding Art Nouveau buildings, if architecture's your thing. Also many picturesque older buildings and a meat market inside a converted zeppelin hangar, as well as the odd bit of stalinist 'wedding cake' architecture. There's also a very good folk museum on the outskirts of Riga with buildings (mainly wooden) from all over Latvia.<br>

Enjoy your travels!</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>I have never been to Latvia or Lithuania but Prague and the surrounding countryside is one of my favorite spots to visit. Prague has a photo op around every corner. We took a bus to the little atmospheric medieval villages of Cesky Krumlov, Cesky Budejovic and Telc which I highly recommend. One can almost imagine being back 300 years ago in Cesky Krumlov in particular.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
<p>Tom did not see this til I got back. Just like you said , one continuous photo opportunity if you even stand still. Used my digital about 95% of the time. Just too many photos. Same for Vilnius and Riga. The only diiference is Prague has more but If you are in Vilnius ties.or Riga you won't notice the difference in opprtunies</p>