Latest drivers for Minolta 5400/II

Confusingly, Konica Minolta's scanners use different drivers, and the version number

refers to that in addition to how up to date the software is. Version 1.0.2 is the latest

version for the Scan Elite 5400 II that you have, but, for example, version 1.0.3 is the

latest version for the Scan Dual IV, and version 1.1.6 is the latest for the original Scan Elite

5400. But I don't think 1.1.3 is the most recent software for any of the scanners.

So if it works relax, as you have the latest software.

P.S. Nice scanner.

Thanks Sam and Gil! I was looking for the older driver because the most recent driver gives terrible smudging in shadow areas (noticeable after cranking up shadows slider in shadows/highlights). It looks more like lumps of mashed potatoes (albeit of a much darker color) as if done to cover up artifacts.

Vuescan works fine but if not calibrated frequently it gives micro-banding in shadows (again, noticeable after cranking up shadows slider in shadows/highlights).

Silverfast... I wish :( That's the Mercedes of scanning softwares but the price is a bit too much for my current finances esp considering a baby on the way.

Sam, I agree -- it is still a great scanner and the scans hold their own side-by-side with the Imacon scans and true drum scans that I had made.

I liked Vuescan with my 5400II while it functioned, though the original Minolta software was fine. Microbanding classically comes from interference by nearby printers or monitors or large motors (fans, air conditioners).