Lastolite Micro Apollo?

auryel

I use this a lot and if used properly with a small degree of fill, it can do wonders. Works a lot better and more consistent then bounce. Takes a small time to get it finetuned in your workflow. Also works a hell of a lot better then those plastic boxes to slide over the flash. Bulky? Bulkier then a small bounce card that's for sure, but on an EOS 1Ds with, let's say, a 70-200mm, it doesn't really matter that much anymore. It's cheap, so buy it, play with it and make up your mind according to your results.

You'll see a greater improvement in your flash photographs by getting the flash off the hotshoe. Even the small distance off camera afforded by putting the flash on a simple bracket will help more than using one of these awkward modifiers. <p>But if you like their effect on a hot shoe mounted flash, you'll be <i>very</i> happy with their effect when the flash is further off the camera. Purchase and try a cord and bracket first, then add one of these little "softboxes" if you want more... t