Larger Sized Photo Books?

<p>I'm looking for a photo book that is a little larger than either Apple or Costco offerings. Like 13 x 19 or something along those lines. The cover certainly need not be the fancy "leather" stuff. Simple is fine. Anyone using a photo book service they particularly like? I will be printing B&W.</p>

<p>I did go ahead and try the Blurb book. I received my 38 page book today. I am overall pleased with the result. If I had to grade it I would give it a solid "B". I used the simplest layout of black paper, and just one photo per page. All of my photos were B&W. I paid extra for the premium paper, and I got the premium hard cover wrap.</p>

<p>There were three things I didn't think were as good as I hoped. First, the B&W printing was too blue/green (cool) for my taste. On a few pictures I'd go so far as to call it a <em>green cast</em>. Second, I think the resolution - by which I mean sharpness on the printed page - is less than what I get from an Epson 7880 at Costco. In fact, it is probably less than my Epson 1440. Areas that were razor sharp lost their edge and became soft. And lastly, the quality of the cover was excellent, but a wee bit of sloppiness in the assembly or gluing left the finish just a tad careless looking.</p>

<p>At any cursory glance, it does look like a regular published hard cover photography book. But a closer look wouldn't fool anyone familiar with quality book printing. I am happy to have it - I enjoy having my pictures this way - but in the future, I will try another service to see if I can ratchet the quality up a notch. I am not sure how to rate the value. I paid $83 All Up to my door for 38 pages. Not cheap, but also not a ton of money. I would call it a "good value" with room for improvement. I may send them an email and inquire about the green cast. That was the worst of the three problem areas to me.</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=653345">AR Fonseca</a> / <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=2072756">Lauren</a><br>

Thanks so much for your kind words about the photobooks from AdoramaPix, which I've passed over to the team at the lab - I'll know they'll be delighted.</p>

<p>BTW my 11-year old son is just putting the finishing touches to our own 72-page family photobook, a gift for my father-in-law who will be 80 at the end of this month. It's the first time we've tried it, so hope our experience is as good as yours!</p>

<p><strong>Helen Oster<br /> Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador</strong><br>

<a href="mailto:Helen@adorama.com">Helen@adorama.com</a> <br>

<a href="http://twitter.com/HelenOster">http://twitter.com/HelenOster</a></p>