LARGE gray shadow on my FB page's cover photo when viewed on the FB mobile app

tom_mann1

<p>In advance, let me say that I have both posted this question on FB's so-called "help" forums, as well as used the "report problem" mechanism of FB without any reply. I have a client who is very disappointed in the way their cover photos (my images) looks on mobile devices, so I am desperate.</p>

<p>Also, let me immediately state that my problem is not the same as the standard "unwanted gray shadow" problem that has been discussed many, many times over the past few years. This isn't a little strip of low opacity gray at the bottom of the cover photo. I don't have that problem. In addition, I've got all the usual FB compression and loss of resolution problems well in hand.</p>

<p>My original image(s) look perfect in PS before I upload them. Once uploaded and made into a "cover photo", it continues to look just fine (ie, minimal shadowing) when viewed on a desktop machine with either a Windows, Mac, or Unix OS. </p>

<p>The covers also look fine when viewed on an iPhone or iPad but using the browser in the phone instead of the FB app. The problem is that when I or anyone else views my cover photo(s) using the FB mobile app for iPhones and iPads, the shadow occupies about half of the image, not just a little strip at the bottom, and, to make matters worse, is quite dark, ~ 60% opacity or so, not the usual 10 or 20%. It *completely* wrecks my images. </p>

<p>So, assuming that no one here on PN will immediately know how to fix such a specific problem, does anyone know of a better forum to discuss this problem, or a better way to get FB's attention?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance,</p>

<p>Tom M</p>

<p>PS - For the record, using FB wasn't my choice, but my client needs to maintain a FB presence, and his IT guy has thrown up his hands, so I'm stuck with the problem.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Is this on a personal page, or a business page? Any other variables ... like a longer company name, in place of a personal name - something else that might stretch out or differently render the way the app thinks it needs to set aside space for content that normally sites on top of that banner image?<br /><br />Just to be clear: your customer IS aware that this has nothing to do with the photograph itself, right?</p>

<p>Does your client's page look any different from other web pages with cover photos when viewed in this way? If they all look this way when viewed on a smart phone browser, perhaps you should point this out to them.</p>