Large format workshop

sunilmendiratta

<p>Sunil, I've never had the benefit of a large format course or workshop, of any sort. But I have done a lot of reading. I do believe that some quite study will furnish you with a good foundation, something to go into the workshop with, if you are indeed fortunate to find one. The book will also remain as a valuable reference.<br>

Here is a recent thread where I refer to some helpful reading. <a href="00ZJnC"><strong>"New to Large Format".</strong></a><br>

Cheers,<br>

Kevin</p>

<p>Sunil,</p>

<p>You might wish to join another free site, Large Format Photography Forum which is composed of hundreds of large format shooters world wide. There is a massive amount of give and take in the member generated daily threads and a fairly good archive search function.</p>

<p>I would join that and search for workshops and if that fails to bring up good info, simply start a thread asking this same question. It is also a very good resource for buying and selling equipment from some very reputable folks in the membership.</p>

<p><strong>cpfarmer@charlespfarmer-photo.com</strong> is the address of a gentleman who is in California and who conducts several workshops each year. Hopefully I will get to travel to one of his in the future.</p>

<p>Sunil,<br>

You might want to consider Micheal Gordon who runs an introduction to large format workshop. Have a look at his website and the testamonials at: www.michael-gordon.com. In the Santa Fe area, Don Kirby does one-on-one workshops. Don is a superb teacher. I have done two workshops with him and can't speak highly enough of the experience. See: www.donkirby.com.</p>

<p>Cheers,<br>

David</p>

<p>Sunil,</p>

<p>It occurs to me, the first order of business would be to analyze<br /> your photographic goals, travel restrictions, etc. Working through this process will enable you to determine<br /> which, if not all, of the many wonderful large format practitioners will benefit you the most.</p>

<p>Keep in mind the majority of LF instructors conduct workshops at various locations within the boundaries of the continental US. If you are not restricted geographically or have an aversion to travel, you may<br /> discover you can do multiple workshops during a two or three week trip, or at least see some incredible<br /> landscape. ( BTW, Don Kirby and Stu Levy recently conducted a workshop at Oregon's Shores Acres.)</p>

<p>Having said all of that, I would add to the aforementioned list Bruce Barnbaum. www.barnbaum.com. <br /> You may also like Steve Anchell. www.anchellworkshops.com</p>

<p>Sunil, there are many wonderful and talented LF instructors. I believe you will be in good hands with whomever you chose</p>

<p>Sunil -</p>

<p>Ask the folks at Keeble & Shuchet. If there are LF workshops in the Bay Area, they will know about them.</p>

<p>I know that there is a lot of interest in LF in the Bay Area - probably more LF photographers per capita than anywhere else in North America. So you are in the right place and only need to make the connections. </p>

• 2 weeks later...