Large format cameras and lenses

jennifersmith

Hello all,

My father recently passed away and he had a collection of large format cameras and lenses. We have contracted a local estate sale company, and they are selling the pieces in an online auction. If you are interested, please visit the auction to place a bid.

https://www.proxibid.com//asp/Catalog.asp?aid=148432&p=8&sort=4#cnTb

Mockingbird Estate Sales & Auc... Auctions Online | Proxibid

Thanks and happy picture taking!

Jen

Here is a list of the items for sale:

Bogen/Manfrotto 3047 Fluid Head & 3251 Tripod

Zone VI Modified Spot Meter

4 Camera Lenses: Wollensak Velostigmat 6½" Focus F/4.5 Series II W/ Alphax

3 Sinar Large Format Cameras; Misc. Camera Equipment

Sinar Large Format Camera; Misc. Equipment In Travel Case

Sinar Large Format Camera, Sinar Instruction Book, In Sinar Travel Case

Cambo Large Format Camera In Viking Travel Case

Schneider-Kreuznach Camera Lens - Symmar-S 360mm F/6.8 Multicoating W/ Copa

Schneider-Kreuznach Camera Lens - Super Angulon 90mm F/8

Schneider-Kreuznach Camera Lens - Symmar-S 150mm F/5.6 Multicoating

Nikon Camera Lens - Nikkor-W 210mm F/5.6 W/ Copal #1 Shutter

Nikon Camera Lens - Nikkor-W 150mm F5.6 W/ Copol O Shutter

Jennifer. Condolences on your loss.

I fear the descriptions and pictures of the cameras aren't sufficiently detailed to get the best price.

The most important detail missing is the format size of the various cameras. The most common sizes being: 4" by 5", 5" by 7" and 8" by 10". The pictures give very little clue as to scale. So unless one is totally familiar with the particular model of camera, there's almost no way of telling exactly what size of film it takes. This is important information for anyone considering bidding on these items, and will affect the number and value of bids.

Also the lot listed as 3 Sinar cameras isn't accurate. It appears to be one camera with alternative front and rear standards - again lacking any indication of size.

I'm sure other experts here will recognise exactly which models are pictured, and be able to give detailed information. Until then I'd hold off finalising the auction.

I don't think you've been best served by the auctioneers in giving such scant descriptions and obviously not seeking expert advice on what they're selling.

Edited by rodeo_joe|1

Jennifer, sorry about your father,

But you are about to get ripped off by these people!

Cancel this auction and get yourself, and the equipment, over to someone that knows photo in your area, even if it is just Warren Buffet’s Omaha Furniture Market’s photo department, a remaining camera store or contact KEH or Quality Camera in Atlanta!

Thank you both for your reply! I really appreciate your advice. Are these cameras worth a lot of money? I don't know anything about them. We live out of state and I'm trying to figure out if it is worth traveling back to get them or not (at least a 20 hour drive).

Jennifer, sorry about your father,

But you are about to get ripped off by these people!

Cancel this auction and get yourself, and the equipment, over to someone that knows photo in your area, even if it is just Warren Buffet’s Omaha Furniture Market’s photo department, a remaining camera store or contact KEH or Quality Camera in Atlanta!

See my reply below

Jennifer. Condolences on your loss.

I fear the descriptions and pictures of the cameras aren't sufficiently detailed to get the best price.

The most important detail missing is the format size of the various cameras. The most common sizes being: 4" by 5", 5" by 7" and 8" by 10". The pictures give very little clue as to scale. So unless one is totally familiar with the particular model of camera, there's almost no way of telling exactly what size of film it takes. This is important information for anyone considering bidding on these items, and will affect the number and value of bids.

Also the lot listed as 3 Sinar cameras isn't accurate. It appears to be one camera with alternative front and rear standards - again lacking any indication of size.

I'm sure other experts here will recognise exactly which models are pictured, and be able to give detailed information. Until then I'd hold off finalising the auction.

I don't think you've been best served by the auctioneers in giving such scant descriptions and obviously not seeking expert advice on what they're selling.

See my reply below