"Landscape" format on photo.net resolution..

<p>I couldn't find a topic related to this by searching. The vertical landscape format photos are being reduced to 640 (or so) on the long dimension, if the original is larger. It has been like that for past 6 years, and it is unpractical, because the images reduced that way lose their impact, and alot of detail. I really don't understand why they are still being reduced, when majority, if not all, monitors being used today can deal with anything below 1000 in "horizontal" resolution dimension. Is there something I am missing? <br>

I think it would be a very good idea to increase the reduction size to i.e. 900 or so.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I agree. Our portrait-oriented photos look much better than our landscape-oriented ones.</p>

<p>A big help would be to have a button like there used to be so that users and guests would be reminded that they need only click on an image to make it full size. It's really annoying to read the constant reminders from people to "click for the larger view" and they do start to sound a bit silly and have even been accused of having inflated egos by those who assume anyone who tells them to view their photos larger has a grand conception of themselves when, in fact, it makes all the difference in the world because you are not just viewing it larger, you are viewing it at a better resolution, without as many digital artifacts as the PN compression creates, etc.</p>

<p>Once we get this issue resolved, we'll go back to working on a medium gray background for our photos so that the glare from the white background stops washing out the contrast we've worked so hard to get right in our photos.</p>

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!