Labs in Washington, DC

<p>Since the film and processing forums seem a bit technical for this question, I'm posting it here. I need to find a processing lab in DC that does a good job for a decent price. I've explored Chrome in Georgetown, but their prices are pretty crazy. I've had bad experiences with several places here and am looking to find a good option.</p>

<p>I will mostly be developing 35mm, with the occasional 120/220 roll. When I get my Linhof (Tech III!) rolling I will probably take those to Chrome, as I don't know of other LF labs in the area, but for 35mm or MF they are just not worth it.</p>

<p>I should also mention that I'll only be needing development, not printing. At the beginning I'll get my negatives scanned at the lab, but I intend to purchase a flatbed scanner to do the scanning on my own.</p>

<p>I haven't been encouraged by my interactions with them so far. Their prices are very high and they continue to focus on the point and shoot crowd. But I haven't gotten any lab work done there, and good development is good development. Have you had any good experiences?</p>

<p>I've had very good experiences with the Penn Camera branch in Rockville. They send out some of their processing (E6, medium format) to l'Imagerie, a custom lab in Bethesda, which also does reliably good work. I would recommend both Penn Camera and l'Imagerie without hesitation.</p>

<p>Check L'imagerie/Photography Centre in Bethesda.</p>

<p>Better prices than Chrome and I believe Penn/Rockville sends their stuff there anyway.</p>

<p>They no longer have 4 hour E-6 though so if you need your stuff FAST you will have to bite the bullet and pay Chrome.</p>

<p>I've always gotten good work from them but the DR techs do tend to turnover so test roll or 2 first.</p>

<p>They used to do 4x5 also. You'll have to ask if they still do.</p>

<p> </p>