Kwinson 35 Auto Wind

Hi. I just bought this camera. Noticed the battery cover was missing. Also with some fiddling. It will not move the film. It seems like the manual winder in loose.

Just wondering if there would be any way to fix this and use this beauty of a camera.

Thanks in advance

KyraIMG_20200102_154133413.thumb.jpg.505966e7a7f5ae1b516aa1c3950c5cd1.jpg IMG_20200102_154138596.thumb.jpg.6825b3fd6303dd320e08eab628da8499.jpg

I'm not familiar with it. If it is named auto wind, it might be battery dependent for winding film forward and the crank is just for rewinding? - Figure out what kind of batteries it took and come up with a way to replace the missing lid. A plywood plate bolted to the tripod mount would be a common easy solution, but maybe you are handy with fiber glass & epoxy?
  • Like 1

I think Jochen is on the correct track . . .

I am almost certain this camera requires 2 x AA size 1.5volt batteries to allow ANY and ALL of its procedures, EXCEPT for "film rewind", which is done manually.

Hence, I am fairly confident that you cannot manually advance the film in this camera.

I'd expect that the (missing) battery cover would have an electric connection (a little metal bar) which would connect the two batteries in "series".

In more simple terms, I expect that you'd place one battery in to the camera +ve point inward and the other +ve point outward. I expect that there would be an icon in or near the battery chamber -OR- on the missing battery cover, to show which battery is to be inserted which way.

You may get a clue as to which way to insert the batteries by investigating the details of the camera's battery terminals (i.e. the design of two metal bits located at the end of the battery chamber).

If the above is correct, then, to fix, you'll need to know which way to insert each battery and then connect the two ends at the outer side with a conductor, a metal strip or wire, perhaps solder the ends to the battery; then you need to secure the batteries firmly in so they make good contact with the camera's terminals. This could be achieved with a bit of Gaffer's Tape.

WW