Konica S2, Amtrak and the Beach

rogerwb

<p>Having picked up a pristine Konica S2 at a local group shop for the total sum of $10.00, I had to see why this camera has such a loyal following. <br>

Amtrak is expanding its service a few miles north in Maine. By 2012 you will be able to board a train in Boston and continue past its' current terminus in Portland to the shopping Mecca of Freeport, home of L.L. Bean's. Construction is well underway, here are a few shots of some of the crew at work.<br>

Finished the roll on the beach in front of my house.<br>

Film was Ilford FP-4, developed in Sprint and scanned on an Epson V500.</p>

<p>I am really impressed with this camera. The meter even works but needs a little fudging due to the non-mercury batteries. <br />BTW- there will be more RR shots when I get the color film back from processing, shot with Pentax MX and ME with Takumar 28-80 zoom.</p>

<p>Nice shots! I had an Auto S2 for a while, and it was a pretty nice RF camera. I lived in Maine for two summers 1975 and 76. Hitchhiked up and down US-1 and worked in Freeport and near Damariscotta (?) Lake. My only camera at the time was an Exa 1a, which did very well with Kodachrome. To be 19 again..well, not today. </p>

<p>Konica Auto S2, This was my first 35mm camera in the early 70's. I have many a shots with the same clarity that your photos show. I have sold all of my 35mm film cameras but couldn't part with the Konica. I still have it and the original box on my shelf. thanks for bring this up and sharing your pics........ RD</p>