Konica Minolta 9D Pro Rumor again

patrick_ip

Please check the 9D rumor I posted early. On that post, 2 upcoming

cameras were mentioned, first is the KM Maxxum 9D Pro, second is

Canon's EOS 350 Rebel XT. Currently the Canon model is confirmed by

http://www.dpreview.com . UPC database did get the correct barcode

for it. So I wonder if the 9D is anything believable or it truely

was a joke. Comments?

<i>It seems that Minolta's resources would be better spent courting lower-end DSLR users into their system.

</i><p>

Resources would probably be better spent on a digital rangefinder, a Konica-Minolta Hexar RFD. Epson sells a short rangefinder base model RD-1 for $3000 based on a $500 film camera and have no competition in that niche of the market... With anti-shake and long rangefinder base (like the Hexar RF has), it would bury the Epson/Cosina RD-1.

• 4 months later...

KM 9D wish list:

1. 1600 Mega Pixels Full Frame CCD; 2. Real time preview on LCD;

3. 2.5" or bigger LCD at 900K Pixels; 4. Killer Video at 1024*768 15fps, 800*600 30 fps, 640*480 60fps; 5. Ultrasonic dust cleaner;

6. CX Process IV with stronger Antishake

All are technically possible, and since Canon need to protect its DV products, the HDTV level video of 9D will be the killer application.

• 5 months later...
It'll happen. Everyone thought that the Nikon D200 was a rumor when it first hit the net. Now it's here. Minolta wouldn't have become buddies with Sony if they weren't gonna have a crack at the pro market. Sony will also release a DSLR or 2 next year with Minolta mounts. Minolta will certainly release the 9D, but until then I'm more than happy with my 7D and the excellent lenses available from Minolta. Like I heard from someone else. Keep the Minolta gear to the Minolta users and be a bit hush about it or the prices for Minolta gear may increase especially on the used market. By March or April next year I believe the 9D and a Sony DSLR will be in the market.