Konica II Rangefinder Camera

Raid -

You can find image samples at http://www.pbase.com/cameras/konica/ii - looks like a decent shooter, as it should be.

I nearly purchased a Konica I, may still in fact, but it had the collapsible lens vs. the double hel. of the II. Youhave two flavors of the Hexar, depending on the year of manu., either Hexar 50mm f:2.8 or a Hexar 50mm f:3.5 lens.

"Then answer the fockin question, David. Else, why bother replying?"

--Exactly. Surely the time it took to post the ad image (although interesting) would have been better used to post a link that would have been helpful to Raid. As he is a university professor, I am sure that Raid is aware of, and has even used, Google.

The problem I have with search engines/web crawlers is the sheer amount of junk I have to comb through in order to find that worthwhile nugget (even using Boolean searches). That fact makes forums like this a valuable resource for sharing knowledge.

Take it easy guys. I tried Google first, then I tried the search engine on photo.net and then I came here to this forum. If I had found anything on a Konica II I would not have bothered anyone. Thanks for the links, though. I will check them out. Thisis what I value most in photo.net; helpful advices when needed.

I shot yesterday my first roll with the camera, and hopefully I will get some good results. The glass looks clean and the shutter works smoothly. Someone at the rangefinder forum sold it to me for $45 (includes shipping). I like the look of the camera. It has an art deco chrome plate that I like. At least, that's the way I look at it.

• 3 years later...
<p>What a treat, to google Konica II, and find this thread! Especially since I have "met" a few of you on Craig's forum since this thread was created by Raid. <br /> It's especially ironic, to google Konica II, and find David M's truly helpful advice..."why don't you google it...." <br /> I own one of these now and have had some success with it. The lens is super sharp and the shutter speeds seem spot on. The only thing missing is strap lugs, far as I'm concerned. I did some shooting with some Arista Pro 50 film that I, again rather ironically, got in a trade with Raid a few months ago. See those pics here:<br /> http://www.f6point3studio.com/konica_ii</p><div>00UDXK-165363584.JPG.200cdbc2e4d5cca11cf2e40be1ed53a4.JPG</div>

<p>Jeff: The Auto S2 is not the same as the II. The II feels to be much better made, but both cameras have very sharp lenses. I have the Auto S2 and S3. My Auto S has failed me for the second time. It is somehow not as reliable as the S2.</p>

<p>Peter: Thanks for the images from your Konica II. I love this gem.</p>

• 1 month later...