Konica Auto s3 disaster - what was left

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by gatorgums, Jan 8, 2008.

1. I had purchased a box load of cameras in the 70's at a thrift store. Five of them where the G-III's by Canon. I was surprised all had clear optics although these where from New Mexico. I told myself after purchasing the correct tools I would fix one to use. After a year or so three were working fully so I stayed with these cameras till this day. Since 2010 I had repaired hundreds of these Canonet's and a few Konica S3's as well. Canonet's are far tetious to work on than the Konica here. One thing to mention always send your Leica out for repairs since they are too hard for any novice when it comes to the curtains. Leaf shutters are not so hard for most of us. SLR cameras you can stay away from as well unless a very expensive one at a good price just to collect

2. I learned to stay away from a hot stove by burning my fingers. I guess there are a lot of people who never went through that. Anyway, most of the "professionals" aren't; but that doesn't stop them from charging as if they are.

Doah! drawn into commenting on a ten year old thread!