konica auto S3 cat pics cheapo film px625 as found

I think you answered your own question. But it's probably the battery rather than the film. Although I have no idea as to how often your local Walmart changes out their chemistry....

Plus, the second shot looks to have better color. And both are quite sharp.

But of course, it's probably junk, so you should send it to me. Right now.

I think you have to use a slower film outdoors in good light that will allow greater depth of field, just in case the rangefinder is a little off. I think cats are hard to shoot anyway, as there fur is not very definitive. Even in the low res first image, the cats eyes did look like they were sharp.

That batteries output remains the same for the duration of it's life. That's why so many manufacturers used it. Thus if the battery is working at all, it's probably working correctly.

For this reason, I would suspect the film before the battery. I'd put a good fresh roll of film in it and try again to see how that works. For correct color, use it outside or use a flash.

Thanks very much for your comments.

I guess the battery issue has been answered to a degree, that is to say that if it works at all it is ok.

The film must surely have been not the best as to color.

I paid only $2and change at Walmart for it and

i noticed that , as i said, there was a greenish tinge - maybe i took some pics with the florescents on, i can't remember- the pics were taken at whim in all types of indoor lighting including mixed!- but anyway, the shadow areas were a bit blocked up and lousy looking.

Thanks again to everyone for your kind remarks!

I didn't mention the Olympus XA2 i found at the thrift on a different street for $2.99! ( that included the box, hard case, flash (11 something)and warrenties and price receipts for the lady who owned it.

The price she paid for her Canon AF35Mll WAS $200 IN OCTOBER 1986!!

ouch!!<div>00NuOm-40795384.jpg.ac26039c9bb6005aaf7188d6ff4ba3f7.jpg</div>

Mike, your photos look pretty sharp and the colour is not down to the camera, but the type of film and the processing thereof. Green casts are caused by flourescent lamps, can be improved by the lab (but probably not Walmart!) or by using a better film such as Fuji which has a fourth emulsion layer to make colour correction easier.

Your Konica has a great lens so whack some good film into it.

Tony

Walmart does not process film, they send it out to a lab. It's more likely the camera is out of adjustment than the battery is bad. When evaluating a camera, it's best to use fresh film. Actually a computer scan of a photo tells you more about the scanner hardware and software than anything else.