Konica and bellows

<p>Recently picked up a 105mm Konica bellows lens, complete with the bellows, so I have just taken some pics in the backyard with a roll of Fuji 200 to see how it went.<br>

The bellows unit is quite huge, and beautifully made, with smooth adjustments. The 105mm is very sharp as you would expect, and the only problem was flare with the single coated Hexanon, so you have to be careful with bright light sources. Otherwise the contrast and colour saturation are excellent..a worthy addition to my Konica colection.<br>

Here is the beast.</p><div>00buoe-541935084.jpg.7818ef4c2244f1b50fd6e5ce88becb0d.jpg</div>

<p>I have two of these lenses and one Auto Helicoid. I don't believe the lens is single coated. The front element smply is not recessed very deeply. A lens hood can be helpful in these stuations. Usng a bellows with a camera which has a microprism and/or split image focusing screen can be tedious. I have an FT-1 and a T2 which have Nikon E (grid type) screens. This makes focusing a lot easier. The same company which make the Konica Auto Belllows and Bellows III also made the Soligor Multiflex bellows. I was missing the focusing rail for a long time and finally found a Soligor rail which fits perfectly. The 105/4 is a decent lens even if it is a little dim to focus. </p>

<p>Nice photos, Tony, especially number 4. But what struck me as odd, was that these bellows look almost exactly the same as my Fujica bellows for the Fujica X mount. The knobs, the plates for the lens mount and the camera mount, the rails (although mine directly mount to a tripod, without the focusing rail) all look exactly the same. Even the nameplate's location and shape is identical, although mine says "Fujica; Fuji photo film Japan". Could these be re-badged bellows from the same manufacturer, only with different lens mounts? Sounds strange to me.</p>