Koni-Omega 60mm lens + Copal 0 shutters

alan c.

i have a Koni-Omega 60mm f/5.6 lens, which i want to mount on a smaller, lighter, home-made

camera, or possibly on a future Fotoman or Gaoersi 4x5 point-and-shoot. I think the lens will

cover 4x5 but i'm not really concerned that much if it vignettes, etc.

i know from online research that you can unscrew the front and back of the lens and that it will fit

COPAL 0 shutters.

Here's my question: the APERTURE blades are in the leaf shutter. Does that still mean that you can

unscrew lens elements from ANY Copal 0 shutter and mount them on another?

Obviously not all lenses which share the Copal 0 have the same f/stop. But do they all share the

same blades?

Anyone with experience of large format lenses, please lend me your expertise....Forgive my

ignorance!

thank you in advance!

Basically, any set of lens cells mounted in a Copal #0 shutter can be transferred to any other Copal #0 shutter. The receiving shutter may need to have the appropriate aperture scale engraved or attached.

Y'r 60 mm lens covers 90 mm for sure, might barely cover 100. There's no way it will cover 150 at infinity. But if you want a round image surrounded by unexposed film on 4x5, it'll do the job.

I just checked mine against a little #0-sized prontor-s and it does screw right in, the overall length looks right, and the blades all appear to clear the optics. Yours will probably work fine. Thanks for adding a whole 'nuther group of things to my list...

The lens will not cover 4x5 at infinity, I'd have to root around and find those negs but as I recall the image circle just barely reached the narrow sides of a 4x5 sheet. However, that still gives you a tremedous cropping potential as well as the possibilities of closer subjects

I recall reading that the 60mm was based on a biogon design, anybody know anything about that?