Kodak So-2238 B/W film ??

Bill Bowes

Hello everyone. I "stumbled" upon this film while venturing around an Ebay site where I purchase most of my films. Listed as a panchromatic film, used between asa 6 & 50, the few web reports via Google seem to indicate it has some "future" in my search for decent 35mm films.

Anyone have some reports (yours) on it?? Bill

Do you know any other details, such as production dates, type of base, etc.? That info might be hard to come by, but just curious. Back in the day, Kodak sometimes test marketed new film or improved versions of existing films under the SO designation. Some specialty films may have remained that way. Seems I recall a blue sensitive film of some sort that astrophotographers once used.

I found a 1958 photo magazine which mentioned an improved Plus-X that went on the market first under the SO label. I think you had to buy a lot, though, like maybe 50 rolls.

Good luck with your research.

Hello everyone. I "stumbled" upon this film while venturing around an Ebay site where I purchase most of my films. Listed as a panchromatic film, used between asa 6 & 50, the few web reports via Google seem to indicate it has some "future" in my search for decent 35mm films.

Anyone have some reports (yours) on it?? Bill

First roll of so2238 thru the new Zorki-4 & a mix of lenses. I-61, Jupiter-12 35mm wide angle & a Jupiter-11 135mm tele. . . all from my Ukraine source. Souped for 60 min SS in 3ml of Rodinal in my 450ml Nikor. Negs look good @ 25asa. Weird orange/yellow tint to Estar film base. . almost like old Kodacolor negs. More to come. Bill