just 50 pence.Excellent condition,meter fully online,inside A+++,out

and lens/speeds A+++.Never used it,thought it's just one of those

cheap cameras,being acquired just for my collection.Yesterday put a

12 BW Tmax 100 film and got out and about with this camera.I NEVER

THOUGHT POSSIBLE FOR A RATHER CHEAPO CAMERA TO TAKE SUCH PICTURES!!!I

am really thrilled about how clear and sharp are these lenses and the

shutters are at their best!That would be a lesson:never ever judge a

camera by the looks of it:-)))))

anyone else experimenting with RETINETTE 1B and BW?

regards<div>007F1J-16419584.jpg.cd50b63c33a26ad67b0762fd4a42d722.jpg</div>

I have a Retinette IA that was my father,s. I believe that it is like the IB but without a meter. It has a Schneider Reomar lens. I had it repaired (sticky shutter blades) when I first got it and the old-time repairman, now deceased, made me promise never to sell it. It was my very first camera and the one that started me on this fasinating voyage of learning and creativity, called photography. It was this camera that influenced my love of older mechanical cameras. My collection is now up to around 40 cameras (35mm, 120, and 2 LF) and I enjoy using each and every one of them at one time or another.

• 2 years later...
I know that I'm a couple of years behind the Retinette thread but I'm hoping someone can answer my query. I recently bought a Retinette 022 at a car boot sale. It is working at all speeds, although one second seems to struggle to get there. My question is what are the speeds on the other side of B for ? They are marked as 4,8 15, 30, 60, 125. The shutteris a Compur Rapid, but no way can these speeds be selected. There is also a LV scale. I am curious to know the answer. Cyril Lowe.

• 8 years later...

<p>I am in the process of buying one of these off ebay. The Kodak Retinette 1b was my first camera and good it was too. Anyway, I have been trying to find out what modern film can be used. I haven't received the camera yet so cannot see the ASA range.<br>

Any help would be appreciated<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>Brian</p>

<p> </p>