Kodak Junior 620 Folding Camera (german production)

A few weeks ago i have got a Junior 620 Folding camera at eBay. The Junior 620 was listed as a Box-Camera on this Site. If there two different models existing? The camera cames in a brown leather-pocket and with a german instruction book.

This was the first time, that i had heard about the 620-Film. First i think it was a 120-Film camera, and i have tried to load a 120-Film, and after cutting two little Edges from the Plastic-Roll, it works with the 120, but the winding was very hesitate and sticky.

Then i detected the two guide-pins for the smaller 620-Roll inside the camera-cover on the top of the back and grinding it smaller with a dremel. After this "conversion" it works very fine and easy with 120-Film and take good Pictures on 400 ASA-Colorfilm too!

<p>

Greetings form Germany

<p>

Carsten

<p>

P.S. Today i have got my second Kodak: a "No. 2-A Folding Authographic Brownie". It is in a good working condition and i will try to order some 116-Films from USA.

Hi Carsten,

<p>

The listing you saw on this site is a "Brownie", your camera is a Kodak "non-Brownie" so there are 2 different cameras, sort of.

<p>

Your Kodak Junior 620 was manufactured in Germany from 1933-39 with a variety of lenses. I'll send all the info I have about it to you, there's too much to list here.

<p>

If you like, think about submitting some images to the gallery....

<p>

Chuck

The Brownie Camera Page