Kodak- it gets the picture.

<p>After watching a documentary about George Eastman, I went ahead and started digging through the net looking for those Kodaks. Amongst some recent camera purchases, I got a CD with Kodak ads dating back to 1888. Here, I would like to share some of those with you. First is from 1886 - the year Eastman patented roll holder for available cameras.</p><div>00cph1-551141684.jpg.54f7c71e6c19bc2018d53cc58130adce.jpg</div>

<p>I got over 600 of these adds ranging from 1886 to 1923. They are so much fun to sort through and they offer wealth of information on how the camera market was at the end of IX and beginning of XX centuries. Oh, here is the link to Eastman- The Wizard of Photography movie. Enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfhsM15nElM</p>

<p>The word "Web" in the first add really puts me off for some reason ^_^<br /><br />I have one of those 1921 pneumatic self-timers, unfortunately the seal is in bad shape so you have about half a second after release to get into position.<br /><br />I didn't know eastman was active in the 9th Century ;)</p>

<p>Thanks for sharing the Kodak ads.<br /> So even as late as 1929, the publicists were pushing to make the term "Kodakery" synonymous with the word photography.<br /> Also, $13.95 seems inexpensive today, but back in 1920, it would have bought at least 140 loaves of bread.<br /> <br />Best Regards from Austin, TX</p>
Best Regards - Andrew in Austin, TX

<p>Absolutely brilliant! I love Victorian-era (and slightly later) advert copy. Like "...without the impedimenta heretofore necessary"! Oh, for people still to write that way today! And the somewhat Yoda-like sentence construction ("A beautiful instrument is the Kodak..."; "Especially interesting is their work..."). I <em>do </em>have a problem with "Kodakery." Without a "c" before the "k," or two "k"s, I think it should rhyme with "bakery," but maybe that's just me.<br>

Thanks for the walk down (pre-)memory lane, Kris and other contributors.<br>

<em>--Dave</em></p>