Kodak HIE Infrared exposed 17 years ago

<p>HIE was B&W, so E6 and C-41 would be relatively useless. Not that I'd expect much from it at this age. Even two years expired, it was fairly grainy (like golf ball sized). HC-110 is usually the go-to for older films, but I never used it for HIE. My standard was Sprint film developer at 68 F, 1:9 for (I think) 11:30 min. I know that what I saw on the massive development chart did not work for me. <br>

Good luck - I think you'll need it to get anything decent. But you never know unless you try.</p>

<p>Wherever you get it processed make sure they turn off the infrared sensors in the machines or it will all be for nothing...<br>

<strong> </strong><br>

<strong>From the Kodak EIR PDF:</strong><br>

Note: Do not process infrared film in labs using equipment with infrared sensors. The infrared sources used by photofinishers, such as night vision goggles, infrared cameras (used mostly on rack-and-tank machines), or infrared replenishment sensors (used on some roller-transport, continuous and minilab machines), will fog EIR Film. The photofinisher must be willing to turn off their infrared cameras and not use infrared goggles while this film is out of its magazine. Labs using roller-transport processors should first verify the presence of infrared sensors, which detect the length and width of the film for replenishment calculations. Many of these processors have a manual replenishment mode, which will turn off the sensors. Film fogged by infrared radiation in the lab will have an overall crimson red appearance. (It completely fogs the infrared layer, leaving only an image from the red and green sensitive layers.) Labs receiving film for processing with the leader protruding from the magazine should rewind it into the magazine or keep it in a black plastic can until it can be opened in the dark. Some labs’ equipment will not operate if all infrared emitters are disengaged. </p>

<p>If not kept frozen, I would not give it much hope, but you say it was frozen. It is still sensitive to cosmic rays, which you can't do anything about. </p>

<p>I had an old roll of IR135-20 (non high-speed) that wasn't kept cold, and couldn't even see the frame boundaries. </p>

<p>Seems to me worth trying, and C41 is probably as good as anything. Then you scan it and make whatever color adjustment you want. </p>

<p>If you get anything useful, people here would like to see it!</p>

-- glen