Kodak Duaflex camera & respooling 120 film

I am sorry to post this, as I am sure the question has been asked a

million time...however, I have tried to search & have not been

successful. I recetly acquired an old Kodak Duaflex camera and an

old Brownie Hawkeye. I have some 620 spools & bought some B&W 120

film. I know that I have to re-spool the film onto the 620 rolls,

but am unable to find a step by step explanation of how to do this.

Can anyone direct me to a website? My local camera store, which is

excellent, no one there knew exactly HOW to do it, so they directed

me to this site.

Thank you all in advance for your help...I am hoping someone will be

able to direct me to what I need. Thanks again!

Dana :)

Dana

I have a three Duaflex cameras a II, III and a IV and a couple for sale, and I just cut the rim off of the 120 film roll and load it into the cameras film chamber. And place a 620 spool for the take up. I found you don't need to re-spool the film. I have several 620 film cameras and this works most of the time. On a few you need to sand off the plastic film roll to make it a little less wide, I think this applies to the Dauflex. Just place a piece of 100 grit sand paper on something flat and make figure eights with the end of film roll.

Nothing to it!! Make shure you get your film spool back from your film developer, or do your own.

Is your Brownie Hawkeye a flash model? Mine takes great pictures! I would like to find a none flash model.

Have fun LaMar

Congratulations on your new-old camera. I have a Duoflex 2 and I love it, though I much prefer my older 6x9 box cameras (the 6x6 square format just rubs me the wrong way.)

I recently re-spooled my first roll, and it was a breeze. There is a GREAT web-page that explains it perfectly at:

http://www.inficad.com/~gstewart/respool.htm

Being the low-tech kinda gal that I am, I just waited until after dark, then got in the closet. There was still some stray light, but I found that an old pair of combat pants makes a nice changing bag. Study the steps carefully until you know them well, then give it a try. Go slow and relax - don't sweat it. My first try came out fine, except there was a little bit of edge distortion on a couple of the frames. I suspect I left a litle slack somewhere that let the film bulge a little. But after all, it's a learning process!

If you're using older cameras, like me, then I'm guessing it's more for fun and experimentation than professional results. I find it satisfying to re-spool and shoot these nifty old cameras. I like to take street-shots around San Francisco, and got a real kick when a someone came up and asked me, "What is that, some kind of a camera?"

Have fun,

Vera

Dana - I use 120 film in my Brownie Hawkeye without re-spooling the film. Just put the film in the supply side of the camera. You still have to use a 620 spool for the take-up spool.

If you are having a local camera store develop the film for you, I would strongly suggest that you first re-spool the exposed film back onto a 120 spool before taking it in. The re-spooling is not that difficult, and it's worth the effort since you're sure of not losing

your 620 spool. The last time I looked, they aren't making 620 film spools anymore!

• 2 weeks later...