Kodak Contrast Process Ortho Film

<p>It's an inherently very high-contrast film, like High Contrast Copy or Technical Pan. The contrast index in D-11 developer at the recommended time was about 3.4. Kodak only gave times for D-8 and D-11, which are both even hotter and higher-contrast developers than D-19.<br>

While you could certainly find a processing time with D-76, the contrast would still be well beyond the normal pictorial range. You'd really need to use a POTA developer (such as Technidol) to get a gamma under 1.0.<br>

You can certainly do "development by inspection" under a red safelight with D-76, so that you have a bit more control when experimenting. It would probably be more interesting to develop it in D-19, for lith-type high-contrast results.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
<p>I use Diafine for several different types of Kodak scientific glass plates, and for Kodak Electron Image film. It's a 2-bath developer, and you develop all films for the same times, 3 minutes in each bath. I get good approximately-normal contrast negatives out of everything I develop with it.</p>