Kodak Brownie Hawkeye Flash

<p>I think the photographer (?) took the second shot so as to be sure that the feet got cut off.<br>

Clocks on kitchen ranges mean nothing. They always get clogged up with bacon fat fumes after a couple years, then never work again.<br>

Fun stuff anyway.<br>

Hawkeyes are capable of much better pics. However, the push down shutter release almost guarantees camera movement.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Despite the stupid vest and silly tie</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I'm thinking Catholic school uniform there. I had to wear a similar rig as a kid in grade school.<br>

Oddly, the little Bakelite Brownie Hawkeye Flash has an interesting design of simplicity and function that is somehow appealing. The pictures.....instant vintage look!</p>

<p>Just speculating here .. you didn't mention if this was multiple rolls, so I assume this is all from the same roll. Could the first two pictures be the same boy..a few years later? Mom or Grandmom does have on the same "party" dress and the ashtray is in the same place, the same sauce pan is on the stove, but comparing the cakes and candles is hard and inconclusive. The selection of cans on the the Norge is a bit different. Any analysts??</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Nicely done, <strong>Gene</strong>. After looking at them for a while, you do get the feeling you <em>know</em> these people, which is kind of strange...I think you're right about Little Sis, <strong>Cliff</strong>; some people are just <em>born</em> photogenic! Thanks for another interesting and amusing post.</p>