Kipon NIK-FD...... what's next?

Rene11664880918

<p>Hello everyone....<br>

For the past couple of years I've been looking for an adaptor to use my Nikon lenses on my FD bodies (T90 & A-1).<br>

Finally I found a used one on Amazon. It is supposed to arrive in 2 days.<br>

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00979KAT6/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01<br>

Has anyone here used it before? Interested to know what I lose when using it?<br>

What about metering? Thank you for your comments. </p>

<p>I use one with my D2x and nFD macro and 400 f/4.5 and 500 mirror lenses. It works great. With telephoto lenses you loose infinity focus but for my use photographing birds and other animals in my backyard it works perfectly. The link is a test photo with with the 500 f/8 lens.<br>

<a href="http://static.photo.net/attachments/bboard/00b/00b6xr-507559584.jpg">http://static.photo.net/attachments/bboard/00b/00b6xr-507559584.jpg</a></p>

<p>Rene', I'm not sure why it took you years to find one. I've been using them for a long time. They're easily bought for cheap on eBait. Mine was one of the cheap Chinese ones, but it was made from plated brass (heavy) and worked perfectly. Infinity focus, no glass element to degrade the image. Once you get the adapter, you can use Leica R lenses on your FD cameras too. Just put a Leica to Nikon lens mount on the Leica lens, and put the Nikon to FD adapter on that.</p>

<p>Rene' - For several years I"ve had an inexpensive Chinese made adapter (no glass), which works fine...infinity focus, etc. Although mine doesn't say "Kipon" or have any other markings, it looks like the one you pictured. Program mode and shutter priority modes are out, but manual and aperture priority work fine with it. Since it isn't coupled, whatever aperture you want to work at, you either focus wide open then manually close it down, or focus at the chosen aperture, but it won't be as bright as wide open focusing. Otherwise it is a breeze to use. I often use it with a 400/6.3 telephoto.</p>

<p>A Nikon lens on a Canon FD body never requires a negative lens to achieve infinity. The Nikon registration is longer than the Canon FD thus the adapter requires no optic. I have the adapter that was Canon made as well as the vintage Bell and Howell Canon version and they are quite satisfactory for infinity on down. I have no experience with current Asian made adapters accomplishing this same task.</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>I have a Chinese made Nikon F to Canon FD adapter that I bought off eBay a couple of years ago. It's probably similar to Steve's -- mine is made from brass, too. Infinity focus is retained. It's cool being able to mount my Nikkors onto my old F-1 and FTb's. Stopped down metering, no problem. Manual and aperture priority auto exposure modes, no problem either.</p>

<p> </p>