Kenko Digital Holder

leonard_schweitzer1

<p>The critical variable is the size of the holder in terms of how large or small the filter holder channels are.</p>

<p>The Cokin square filters are described at the still-existing British site at http://www.cokin.co.uk/<br /> The 4 square filter sizes for Cokin are<br /> 67mm (A -series)<br /> 84mm (P-series)<br /> 100mm (Z-Pro)<br /> 130mm (X-Pro)<br /> Your 77mm mount to the lens might suggest that your size could be the P-series, but there were some filters which did not match the Cokin sizes at all.<br /> I don't know your item per se, but at least some of the Kenko filter holders corresponded to the Cokin "standards".</p>

<p>For any foam - watch out for deterioration. It can make a mess of a filter or anything else.</p>

<p>If my memory serves me (always suspect), that holder was for kodak 3" gels, not the resin Cokin filters. Luckily, you can buy a Chinese Cokinesque P series holder on eBay for just a couple of bucks. I have one and it works well enough to hold a Cokin P grad. The regular Cokin holders and filters are great and better made but cost significantly more. Cokin makes the best resin filters. Stick with those no matter what holder you end up with.</p>

<p>Thanks to all for info on the Kenko filter holder. JDM's advice about foam deterioration was right on. I tried a Cokin filter in camera store and black foam transferred to and stuck on filter which required laborious cleaning. I felt obligated to buy the filter.<br>

As Louis said, the Kenko clearly not suitable for plastic filters and is now being recycled.<br>

Since I'm now embarked on using grad ND filters, I'd like to know if there's a meaningful difference between Cokin and Lee. The Lee filter holder looks more substantial than the plastic Cokin.</p>

<p>Thanks to all for info on the Kenko filter holder. JDM's advice about foam deterioration was right on. I tried a Cokin filter in camera store and black foam transferred to and stuck on filter which required laborious cleaning. I felt obligated to buy the filter.<br>

As Louis said, the Kenko clearly not suitable for plastic filters and is now being recycled.<br>

Since I'm now embarked on using grad ND filters, I'd like to know if there's a meaningful difference between Cokin and Lee. The Lee filter holder looks more substantial than the plastic Cokin.</p>