katz eye optics on D70

ramon_v__california_

thanks, ilkka.

a couple of my friends are also happy with theirs so i'm ordering mine. i tried looking through the DK-21M on a D70 and it's great magnification but still not clear enough for me. and it crops the information at the bottom of the viewfinder. on the D200, it doesn't since it was designed for it. i was told that the DG-2 won't crop the info but i'll go with the katz eye.

-ramon

I heartily recommend the Katz screen! I have one in my Fuji S2 (and a friend has one in his D100), and the improvements in focusing confidence cannot be emphasized enough. You now CAN manually focus, and you can also see what the AF is really doing. Plus, Rachael Katz very carefully checks focus at the image plane against the finder focus and adjusts the finder to correspond exactly with the image plane. This means that there will not be any discrepancy (as was the case with my S2 when I attempted to manually focus).

Finally, Rachael is wonderful to deal with: an excellent communicator and very high integrity. I give this a five star recommendation.