Kalart Press Camera

So once again I'll ask this question. Has anyone ever seen

documentation for repairing a Kalart Press Camera? I have one that

has a serial number starting with a "C", which I suspect means it's

the third year of manufacture (1951?). Before I go in and tear apart

the range finder section, I would like some drawings and/or

procedures for putting it back together and calibrating the RF.

You know somewhere out there, there is documentation for repairing

these things. They were too complicated a piece of equipment to just

let the average camera repair person tear them apart.

tim in san jose

Thanks David. After a great long period of time without an owners manual, I finally aquired one from EBay and was disappointed at how little there is in it towards maintaining this camera. I will tell you, since you haven't gotten one yourself yet, it's a beautiful piece of equipment, far ahead of it's time. The problem is... 3x4 film? It was obsolete shortly after production began. Now that I have a supply of 3x4 film, it's nice hauling the camera out and it does take nice pictures after focusing on the backplane. It would be nice to be able to use the camera with all it's functions and interlocks working. Someday. The most immediate issue is cleaning some fungi out of one side of the rangefinder and getting it recalibrated for the 127 Wollensak lens. The original lens was cleaned with steel wool it appears and I have replaced it with a 'new' front element. The othe rproblem I have wih the camera is the 1/200 speed does not work and the slow speeds sometimes stick. That leaves me with 1/400, 1/100, 1/50. Not a big issue but one I will resolve this winter on one of them rainy cold San Jose Saturday afternoons.

tim in san jose