~*K1OOO TOUR PART 2*~

jgredline

<p><strong>Hi folks. I know with the Christmas season and all we have all been busy, but we really need to nail the who is in and who is out. I need the city and state where you live so we can set up a map. Righ now it is in Jeffs hand in S.C. and will be going to Somanna next also in S.C. </strong><br>

<strong><br /> </strong><br>

<strong>Now it looks to me like it should go to NY before it goes to Mass. In NY we have both Justin and Andrew. In Boston Mass, we have Miss and Rose. From There I have no clue..</strong><br>

<strong><br /> </strong><br>

<strong>Please folks, we need the info. </strong><br>

<strong>Thanks javier :)</strong></p>

<p><strong>From there we need all the participants to provide a small story of the image captured and also a snap shop of the Have travel K1000 at all stops...</strong></p>

<p><strong>I also think a ''WORLD TOUR'' sounds good after we get the U.S. and Canada tour done first.</strong><br>

<strong>Thanks folks.</strong><br>

<strong>javier<br /> </strong></p>

<p>whoa whoa whoa hold your horses right there Javier. North Carolina. We are in North Carolina... please, don't make that mistake.<br>

:P<br>

haha yes we need this info, esp since I will get the camera this sunday from Jeff and will be sending it on its soon thereafter....<br>

and I need to update my google map about this...</p>

<p>Sorry Som ;-), I caught that after.</p>

<p>By the way. If there is anyone on the list not familiar with the way the K1OOO works, please let us know. The internal meter works great on this body and was just gone thorugh by Eric, but still it is fully 100% manual.</p>

<p>OK, doing some back tracking, this is where I ''think'' we are at. <em><strong>Please confirm.</strong> </em><br>

Jeff, Sommana, Doug, Mis, Haig, Rose, Justin, Yvon, Maria, Andrew, and R.T. in no particular order with me taking the last two shots..<br>

<em><strong>Please confirm. So we can finalize a game plan :)<br /> </strong> </em></p>

<p>Steve, We may be running a second roll after the first is confirmed. These folks where the first ones to sign on.</p>

<p>Javier, I would suggest that all interested parties e-mail you their name, city and state through the p-net e-mailing system (or directly if they have your address).</p>

<p>I have also suggested to Javier the idea that, on top of the two photos taken with the K1000, we take a photo of the camera itself in some setting that is characteristic of where we live.</p>

<p>I will email my info to Javi - and then whoever else I need to. Is this moving at least vaguely from E to W? </p>

<p>Plan on 4 shots from here - count Matt n I as 2. I promise, shots will be quite different.</p>

<p>Steve Dean should get the camera, then pass to me (I'll wave HI next time I blow through Blue Springs on I-70. Should be June). From us it should go to Roger R in Dallas, then out to Haig in Phoenix (do I have that right?). My memory for where people are is zilch, so....</p>

<p>Confirmed...I sent you an email with my address a few days ago...Andrew is closer to NC than I am. So send it to him first. I am about 2 hours up the road (NYS Thruway/Adirondack Northway) from him (i'm thinking he is in westchester) but I might be wrong.<br>

<br /> I'm essentially across the state from Mis and Rose so it's a straight line across i-90/Massachusetts turnpike from me to them.</p>

<p>RT is up in maine, so from mis and rose it's back up I-95 into Maine.</p>

<p>So:<br /> <br /> 1. Sommana</p>

<p>2. Andrew</p>

<p>3. Justin</p>

<p>4. Mis/Rose</p>

<p>5. RT</p>

<p>6. If Peter Zack is in on this, it logistically, makes sense to send it to him from maine but I saw the note that it was US first so...</p>

<p>Thanks folks. In looking at the list, How does this sound. Since R.T. has a fresh roll of 36 Exp he is willing to donate, why not plan it so instead of two shots we raise it to three. Since there where a few others who want in, this may make more sense. So if we put in one more person between RT and Jeff Crister, RT would shoot the last three images and then load the fresh roll and the tour continues from there. What say you folks?</p>

<p>Patrick, what province are you in? I think it would make the most sense to have the camera cross the border only once just incase we get caught on either brokerage or tax when clearing customs.<br>

Maybe once the USA tour is complete, we can have the camera cross Canada for anyone that wants to from here, Maybe Duane on the rock then me then I'll send it westward with the final shooter sending it to Javier.</p>

<p>Who's publishing the book?</p>

<p>Peter, I was under the impression that it was going to cross the border and you where in? I agree it should pass accross only once going and once coming. There should be no customs charges as it is not a sold item.</p>

<p>From Somanna, I believe it should go to NY to either Justin or Andrew, then into Boston. The monkey wrench here is that Mis will be out of town 1st week Of Jan I believe...Should it go out to to Matt and Maria in Kansas before NY and Boston?</p>

<p>Peter... Javier... There would be customs charges (only taxes for camera equipment tho) because it is based upon the value of the item not a sales price necessarily and also the shipping company would charge brokerage fees. Here is my suggestion for bringing into Canada. I live close to the US border and have a US shipping address. If it gets shipped to this address to my attention, I can pick it up and bring it across and there would be no fees or taxes.</p>

<p>Javier, I'm in. I will be away for the middle of January but i assume it will be awhile before it heads north anyway. As long as it goes via USPS, which is just as fast as any courier for cross border stuff, the only possible fee could be 5% and that's rarely charged. It's also based on the value in the package. A used K1000 has very little value.</p>

<p>So arrange the USA transfers and since shipping is cheap, a little zig zaging is not much of an issue. Then the last US person can ship it to me or Patrick.</p>

<p>So where's Duane?</p>

• 2 weeks later...