K10D w/Metz 54 MZ3

neil_swanson

Hi all. I have the above flash. I use it on a Canon, an M6ttl Leica and I'd like to use it with the K10d. The

Metz website lists the K100D as the closest camera to a K10D. They list their 3702 as the SCA adapter to

use. Seems the 3702 is the choice for most every Pentax camera. Anyone tried this? Am I gonna smoke

the camera? Thanks

My understanding is that it will work, it won't fry the K10D, but it does not support P-TTL

flash metering. Metz has been quoted elsewhere as working on a new SCA adapter that

supports P-TTL flash.. This from a recent note on DPReview.com:

"The new version of the adaptor SCA 3702 M2 for Pentax digital-cameras probable will

emerge in the course of next month. With this adaptor also the P-TTL-flash-control with

this cameras can be used in combination with the flash guns mecablitz 54 MZ-4i, 45 CL-4

digital and 76 MZ-5 digital."

Godfrey

Neil

The K10D does not support simple TTL flash metering ... there is no sensor in the mirror

box to read flash exposure off the focal plane while the mirror is up and shutter is open.

P-TTL works with a pre-flash prior to the mirror lifting so the sensor to read flash is

behind the focusing screen along with the ambient light sensors.

We just have to wait for the 3702M2 SCA adapter. Hopefully, it will be along pretty soon

now.

Godfrey