'K' battery for my Instamatic 60? (110 format)

i just got a Kodak Instamatic 60 off ebay. i was excited because this is

supposedly a good camera, and they're cheap because 110 film is hard - but not

impossible - to find. having a line on 110 film, i figured the hard part was over.

then it arrived. turns out the thing won't take pictures without a battery. and

these cameras used a special 'K' type battery (any guess what the K stood for?)

that is no longer sold.

so...anyone know where i can get one?

or better yet, anyone know what the voltage and other specs were, so i can

jury-rig something to make it work?

thanks daniel! i spotted that site, but unfortunately there wasn't a (dead) battery inside, so i had nothing to refurbish.

i did find a site that claims to sell new-old-stock, so even if the battery is dead, i can then do the mod. i've paid them but i haven't actually heard if they really do have them. the site is here:

http://www.marketworks.com/storefrontprofiles/processfeed.aspx?sfid=36385&i=54279956&mpid=7850&dfid=1

just in case, if anyone knows of any other sources, i'd like to hear. or even has a dead 'k' battery lying around that i can tear apart.

Hi Matt,

When you get it working, I think you'll be AMAZED by the camera! It was actually the first 110 camera, which Kodak designed from the ground up to maximize the results on its "new" film format.

I also once obtained a couple K batteries on eBay, from a fellow in Australia. So keep searching the site for other auctions!

Sincerely,

Dave

actually dave, your post in the 'stree camera' [sic] post was what motivated me to investigate 110 further. not that you're responsible for any future mishaps i have with it of course. :) it certainly seems like a pretty capable camera, other than the screwy battery issue. decent lens (so i hear), rangefinder, auto-exposure (i *suppose* that's progress) and very portable.

i got a flash with it as well...not the cubes but a proper flash. doesn't seem to work however. a pity, but for $15 incl shipping i guess i'm not going to complain.

thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

ok so i've got the battery, and the camera works, and i've got a color 110 roll off to Dwayne's Photo in KS for development and prints. meanwhile, a kind soul on this forum sent me some Copex microfilm, instructions for loading it into a 110 fim cassette and copious amounts of help in getting it to work. so i've got b/w shots taken with my Pocket Instamatic 60! check 'em out here if you like....

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=645280