K-5

lauren_macintosh

<p>LOL! Given all the typos, you must be reeeally excited! Yeah, compared to my K10D, it's amazing. I was in a store a couple of months before the purchase and picked up a Nikon consumer level model and clicked the shutter. Really made me sad because it was so quiet. When I got the K-5 and clicked the shutter, it was quiet enough to allow me to feel the purchase was worth it even if there were no other benefits - but there were!<br>

Take a few pictures at 800 ISO, you'll be amazed!</p>

<p>My recent POTW posts of photos at ISO 10000 to 12800 seem quite acceptable to me. Especially compared to not being able to take that photo at all with the K10. </p>

<p>I like the enhanced info display and the level indicators. Can't say that I noticed shutter noise too much, but the K-5 is quiet. An enhanced autofocus with more points -- even beyond the very latest models -- would seem to be the one big improvement still needed.</p>

<p>I am looking for a camera with a very quiet shutter and the K5 came up as a recommendation but with some warning about focus issues. Can anyone elaborate?<br>

Also is the K30 just as quiet and if so how does it compare on other counts?<br>

My Canon 5D drives me nuts with it's very loud shutter when I'm trying to be unobtrusive.</p>

<p>I too found it remarkable, especially with the 16-50 DA Star lens I purchased with it. It was so quiet that at first I thought it was broken and not focusing! It wasn't till after my wife pointed out the front element had moved that I realized it was working. LOL<br>

A MAJOR difference from my K-100, and serious kudos to the DA Star lens.</p>

<p>Don M.</p>

<p>I too found it remarkable, especially with the 16-50 DA Star lens I purchased with it. It was so quiet that at first I thought it was broken and not focusing! It wasn't till after my wife pointed out the front element had moved that I realized it was working. LOL<br>

A MAJOR difference from my K-100, and serious kudos to the DA Star lens.</p>

<p>Don M.</p>

<p>Yes I was very excited that day when the K-5 came in , and could play with it:<br>

for misspelling I plead guilty since my spell check died have it back now : LOL<br>

I have only four lens none are stellar, 18-55 mm WR-- 50-200 mm sigma --- 100-300 mm<br>

Pentax 4.7 to 5.8 and last but not forgotten 100 mm macro lens<br>

thanks for all the comments on the K-5</p>