Just wondering if this lens will work on my Olympus E-620

christieboyd

You have an SLR and linked a "

Large Aperture Manual Focus lens Fujifilm X Mount Mirrorless APS-C Camera X-Pro2 X-E3 X-T1 X-T2 X-T10 X-T20 X-A2 X-E2 X-E2s X-E1 X 30 X70 X-M1 X-A1 XPro1,etc"

I doubt that adapters exist but am no Olympus user.

I have an Olympus E-620 that I use as my back up camera and I am trying to find an expensive but decent 50mm prime lens. Can anyone tell me if the lens in the link below is compatible?

http://a.co/imlFybu

I'm guessing you meant inexpensive, rather than expensive, but the short answer is no, it won't work. The E-620 is a 4/3 mount, which was Olympus's first attempt at downsizing. It was not very successful, and the dropped it in favor of the Micro 4/3 mount that is taking over the world. They're not compatible. So, your new lens options are limited. I would suggest that you look to the used market.

You can buy a spectacular Olympus 50mm f/1.8 lens, with adapter, for the same price as the unknown, but probably mediocre, lens you linked to. Of course, there's the crop factor to consider. The E series has a 2.0 crop factor, meaning that a 50mm lens designed for full frame/35mm will effectively be a 100mm focal length range on your camera. In order to approximate a 50mm on your camera, you'd need something like a 24mm full-frame lens. Those are more expensive, mostly because people with digital cameras are buying them up, but you should be able to find a good one for the same price as the one you linked to, if you're willing to be patient. You may need to spend a bit more for the adapter.

The good news is, if you're not yet invested in any other brands, you can choose almost any brand to use on your E-620. Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Olympus, and others can all be adapted to work on your camera. Just make sure you can purchase an adapter for any lens you're considering before you buy it.

• Like 1

If you can find a used 50mm f2 Macro Zuiko four-thirds lens, it's as silly sharp as any lens could be, and will autofocus down to half-life size on it's own, and there's an EX-25 tube that'll get you down to 1:1.

If you can find a used 50mm f2 Macro Zuiko four-thirds lens, it's as silly sharp as any lens could be, and will autofocus down to half-life size on it's own, and there's an EX-25 tube that'll get you down to 1:1.

Yes, Greg is right about the lens. I had one. But, it's unlikely that you'll find one for $100 or less. I think I got about $350 when I sold mine a few months ago.

• 4 weeks later...
You might want to look for a used Olympus 28 mm 2.8 lens. They were popular in the OM days and aren't that hard to find. I don't know the current market price, but I don't think you will have to spend a lot. They're pretty sharp too and will get you an effective focal length of 56 mm when you use it (with an adapter from OM to 4/3 of course) on your E-620. I have have a photo in my portfolio ('wet leaves') that was made with this lens on an Olympus E-520 body.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have 4 E DSLRs and 12 OM bodies with 14 OM lens. Using a 28mm OM lens on a E-620 is a PITA. As is most any manual OM lens. The stock focusing screes in the E DSLRs makes manual focusing difficult.

The 25mm f/2.8 4/3 pancake lens is a good lens for the E-620 but the 50mm f/2 is much better. The Panasonic/Leica D Summilux 1.4 4/3 lens is a superb optic and EXPENSIVE lens that I love.

If you want ease of use and quality, I can also recommend a used Olympus Zuiko 14-54 mm 2.8-3.5, which sells on ebay for 100-200 USD. It is a very capable allround lens with an effective focal range of 28-108 mm. I have used it a lot on both my E-520 and E-620 and it always served me very well. There are lots of photos in my portfolio that have been shot with this lens.

If you want ease of use and quality, I can also recommend a used Olympus Zuiko 14-54 mm 2.8-3.5, which sells on ebay for 100-200 USD. It is a very capable allround lens with an effective focal range of 28-108 mm. I have used it a lot on both my E-520 and E-620 and it always served me very well. There are lots of photos in my portfolio that have been shot with this lens.

There are two versions of the 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5. The second version is marked "14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II". I have the 2nd version and as vencentoiseau says it's a very good lens. If you decide to get this lens I'd chase down the 2nd version.

Olympus 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5 II Zuiko Digital Review

Olympus launches Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II

Also note that there is another lens - the 14-45mm f/3.5-5.6 (I have one) that was an early kit lens that is not as good as the 14-54mm II.

The best lens in this range is the 12-60mm SWD which is the best of the bunch but is more expensive. It can be had in excellent shape for $250. I paid $400 for mine 2 years ago.