50mm f1.7 MD Rokkor-X. When it arrived, I was genuinely surprised to

find that it was in TRUE MINT- condition (as distinguished from ebay

"Mint" condition). Other than some bright marks around the tripod

socket, there is literally not a cosmetic blemish on it, and it's

functionally flawless. The lens is in similar shape. I had

originally bought this to give to a young photo student as a gift, but

it's in too nice condition, so I'm keeping it and giving them one of

my older SRT-102s instead.

It is amazing to me how cheap these cameras get in the US. The other day I found an ad in a local shop here (southern Mexico). They wanted $2,000.00 US for a kit with a Canon FD an a few lenses. I have no idea about the Canon system but I have seen similar prices for Minolta manual equipment. Sometimes they are even more expensive than those point and shoot digital cameras. Perhaps the fact that technology does not penetrate the market as quick as in industrialized countries make people value their old stuff. It reminds me of those old cars still running in Habana as taxis. Sometimes I'd like to buy from ebay US but sellers mostly ship to US only. Those low prices are ridiculous.

Hi Douglas,

Congratulations for doing such bussiness. A friend of mine is using the same SRT 101b since the beggining of 1979 and it is working perfectly. No repair in 26 years!!!

Good lucky and great pictures!

No Bill, I'm keeping the 202. Besides, the 102 I'm giving them is every bit as functional (maybe more, since it has MLU, which the 202 lacks), just not quite as pristine. I just decided to be a twassock (note the use of my new word) and keep the prettier one. I also have another, uglier 102 that's got a couple of serious dings and paint wear on it, but also works fine, which I'm keeping as well. I don't think I need multiple SRT bodies that have MLU.

Hot and Cold with ebay ... for a while I was buying lots of older minoltas ... I have been sent cameras and lens that not only didn't work but looked like they had been drug behind a 49 Ford ... On the flip side I got an "as is" XD-5 with two minolta lens for $25.00 that is mint!

I recently bought an SRT102 for $22, it says "meter not working". Other than that, it looks mint in the photos. (I haven't seen the camera yet, it shipped to the office and I've been on vacation.) I'm hoping the meter just needs a battery conversion and calibration, since those are easy and well-documented.

It'll be an inexpensive backup for my X700, or maybe become my #1.