Just curious about number of views

henryr

Just curious, looking back at my portfolio I noticed that I would often get 200 to over 400 "views". Now I am lucky to get 2 or 3. Don't think my photos have changed that much. May have stumbled on why Photonet no longer works for me re critiques, comments and feedback. Very disappointing. Must be a different membership or huge drop in people viewing?

ive interpreted LIKE as a way of telling you i took the time to look at your photo n liked the effort that went into it.

in the forums, a LIKE means im on your side n agree. sometimes its good to know who has your back in those heated arguments.

now if im aplauding, i have no idea how you could hear it unless i messaged you... and that would have to be a standing round of applause for that to happen.

ah but that emoticon... now thats another story. it can be anything from a stupid frown of disappointment to a shit grin of personal enjoyment. those arent given out as freely around here but when you get one, treasure it.

oh btw... those views in the catagories?... totally worthless. you need everyone you know in the world to give you those... no one around here would ever admitt to giving you one.

critiques?... just someones lousey opinion of how they would do it. so that raises the question, why havent they done it?

this comment gets a.... :eek:

so wax the surf board n ride the waves.

:rolleyes:

The more you say, the less people listen.

critiques?... just someones lousey opinion of how they would do it.

Those are most often the poorest critiques. A good critique tells the photographer what you're seeing and experiencing when looking at the photo. It might suggest something that seems off to you but doesn't have to suggest what you would do instead.

in the forums, a LIKE means im on your side n agree. sometimes its good to know who has your back in those heated arguments.

They're also often used as a means for a particular group of guys to gang up on someone.

There’s always something new under the sun.